Friday, August 21, 2009

Overall I Am Thankful...

My last post might have sounded a little negative. I just want to say that this isn't going to be another blog that's going to beat the church about the head about it's failings. What this WILL be is a place where I do hope to help the church move forward.
I want to encourage us to not only know about the Word of God and our history is, but to live out our faith. I want to see us demonstrate Christ. That means that yes we do need to 'tell it like it is' but not from a place of self-righteous judgment. We need to do it from a place of love and concern.
I've said all that to say that I'm thankful for my church family. I'm not just talking about the church I attend, I'm also talking about my brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world.
Anyway it's Friday, and I'm looking forward to the weekend. At some point I'm going to do a bit on false teachers. It will likely be done in multiple parts.

No comments: